JP Meeting Minutes
In attendance: Chrissy, Nathan, Jake, Laura, Lea, Kevin
@MIT: Gabi, Eesh
- ODGE funds have been deposited
- Amounts available (and expected payouts)
- ODGE fund: $10,992.52 remaining, expected payouts of about $730. Payout amount depends on student seminar events and the ren fair
- APO fund: $548.74 remaining, no expected payouts currently (anyone planning department events this semester?). Social events are going in this account. Let Chrissy know if you are planning an event
- YOUI fund: $2379.07 remaining, no expected payouts (managed by Kris Kipp, purely social). Rolls over, haven’t used it yet this semester. 1 event in the works so far (ballet?)
- Shelving is going in the back room, doing some reorganization
- People sort of want everything (20% want piano, 20% want to play pool)
- Jake(ob) will look into printer problems and let Lea know what is wrong
- Piano: not just the tuning is wrong. Might be expensive
- Current election rules: vague enough that our current system is still okay
- Could put meetings on the whoi calendar, then we don’t need to send an email
- Let’s do an amendment to make it so that APO is not required to help with the tallying
- Scholars complained about the lack of communication with student hosts and the visit itself
- Some scholars want free time, or morning talks only, etc.
- Lea is revising the instructions and making things more clear for both the students and the scholar
- Main issue is better communication
- December is a short month. Should we do 1 or 2 between now and the end of the semester? On a Tuesday or a Thursday?
- Let’s do a prefinals morale booster?
- We have a lot of money, so let’s do a nice social hour
- If people stop paying, Kevin will stop buying beer (this would be sad)
- Not that many people are drinking it, so maybe it is okay if we don’t have beer?
- Meg Tivey has asked Lea to make a career resources webpage. Medium length, not too short or too long.
- Student reps will provide feedback
- Add estimated time to your proposed agenda items
- Example: Buffins (Laura, 5 minutes)
- We are running out of spreads quickly, including the expensive ones like almond butter. Stuff to buy at Costco: cream cheese, peanut butter, nutella
- Laura has been buying fruit more than once a week
- Report on costs associated with additional baked goods: approx. $40 spent on supplies, for 2 rounds of yummy food. We will keep doing this.
- Let it be known that Eesh would like it to be less than $40, but he was overruled.
- Almond butter will be a limited item. once it’s gone, it’s gone
- Spread amount in the village has been okay
- Jake will look into printer issues and tell Lea what is wrong with it
- Jake will check on repair costs of piano and tell Lea how much it would be
- Kevin will plan a social hour for Dec. 1st
- Lea will look into what happens with gifts (aka getting rid of the piano?)
- Eesh will handle the amendment after Lea double checks with APO that we can get rid of their official role in the elections